Last revised: October 25, 2022
A. Categories of cookies
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, and ensuring the security of your online transactions with us and online access to our website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as completing a transaction, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor although they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works and the user experience. By using our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see "How to manage your cookies" section below).
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our website and allows the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name). They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect is anonymized (i.e. it does not contain your name, address, account details, etc.) and they do not track your browsing activity across other websites. By using our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings.
- First and third party cookies: Whether a cookie is a first or third party cookie depends on which website the cookie comes from. First party cookies are those set by or on behalf of the website visited. All other cookies are third party cookies.
- Targeting/Marketing cookies: These cookies make marketing and advertising messages more relevant to you. We or a third party advertising partner may collect information relating to your browsing history and interests to deliver relevant advertising to you. The advertisement partner may use marketing cookies, pixels or similar technologies to collect usage, navigational or other statistical data about your activities on our websites and mobile applications and other websites and apps (such as web pages you visit, ads you click on) and use this information to make predictions about your interests and provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests. These parties may also use this information to limit the number of times you see the same advertisement on our websites or mobile applications and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Enable basic functioning of our website or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
- Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content) or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails);
- Learn more about your preferences and Internet browsing tastes to provide you with tailored advertising (you certainly don’t want to hear from us about something you are not interested in). Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, may affect the user experience.